Over 200 Community Artifacts
The White Elephant was built in 1915 to serve as a Moravian Mission boarding school, but not for long since space was limited. Thus it earned the name White Elephant! It is situated beside the Moravian Church and the Moravian Woods, which has a walking trail for those who enjoy rugged terrain. A large video library from the James R. Andersen collection is available for viewing in the museum, showing community scenes and lifestyle. Tours available upon request during the off-season.